Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Last Day

Amanda has posted a "Last Day" post. She makes reference to me, just before she makes reference to Gary Lindsay. I don't know how to take that.

So, here is my "Last Day" post.

I've just stuck my name tag on the President's Office, just about to change the name of my blog, removing the"elect". I have the President's cell phone (021 899 430 if you want to text me or whatever). Jenn Jones now has the keys to my office, filing cabinet, and desk drawer. The Education Vice President's office is bare - I removed the posters from my wall to reveal the chips in the paint.

Amanda has been a great President, no two ways about it. She was always willing to get stuck in and get involved (which sometimes gets her in to trouble, but you get that). She turned up at 7am to leaflet when no one else would. She would have a drink with me, when everyone else had pyked out. She would be there to listen to my relationship issues when the rest of the VUWSA office had gone home. She has been a good colleague, who I have been proud to serve alongside, and, more importantly, a very good friend.

2005 is going to be a good year. We have a new Chancellor, Pro Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Minister of Tertiary Education, ..... and VUWSA President. And I'm looking forward to it.

I'm heading to Auckland early tomorrow morning, so this is probably my last post for the year.

Have a good Christmas everyone, and I'll see you in the New Year.
Listed on BlogShares