Thursday, January 13, 2005

Slow Day at the VUWSA Office

Today has been my slowest day yet at the VUWSA office. No one has come to see me, and I've spent most of the morning staring mindlessly at a proposal I'm trying to write.

Lunch was a highlight. Vicky's never ceases to amaze me: today's menu is
  • Beef Lesagne
  • Vegetable and Egg Noodle Stir fry
  • Chickpea Curry

Needless to say, I abandoned my diet, and went with something deepfried. My New Year's resolution is to loose weight. This means only water and coffee (with trim milk) during the day (no softdrinks), eating breakfast (a new, and novel concept to me) so I don't have a big lunch and sticking to three meals a day, not drinking beer mid week, and going for a run from Kelburn to Northland and back each morning.

The running is killing me. My mother used to run semi-seriously. She completed the Auckland Marathon twice, and has done several half marathons. Apart from when I was playing rugby as a kid, I never really took to it. Instead I took up golf, which involves a nice leisurely walk - much easier.

Anyway, mum said that I'd feel really good after I've been for a run. I do feel really good when it's over - I don't have to run anymore (if you walk to work between 7:30 and 8:00 along Upland Road, Northland Road, or Raroa Crescent, and you see someone staggering along, looking like they'd rather be dead, please stop, help me - tell me I'm doing the right thing). But after the exhaustion has warn of, and I can walk/crawl again, my body aches, my eyes are sore, and all I want to do all day is lie down on the couch in my office and go to sleep.


Listed on BlogShares